VPO-300 Auto Load Rapid Thermal Annealing Oven
Vacuum Process Oven for up to 300 x 300 mm substrate size and temperature up to 1000 °C
Lamp heated rapid thermal annealing RTA and rapid thermal processing RTP equipment are using lamp heating in order to ramp up and cool down semiconductor wafers pretty fast. This equipment is therefore mainly used for applications where the substrate needs to be brought to a certain temperature just only for short time. The high ramp rates allow a short overall process time and keep the thermal budget (this is the total time of a wafer, being exposed to high temperature) of the wafer low. Because of the design of the heaters, these RTA and RTP tools are used mainly for single wafer treatment. Wafers have to be treated one by one. This is not as important as for other batch thermal processes, which use vertical furnaces and horizontal furnaces, because the process time is very short anyway. However wafer handling takes a substantial part of process time.
The VPO-300 is a cold wall oven.
UniTemp RTP furnaces offer a unique lamp arrangement with upper and lower cross lamp arrays. The temperature distribution tool provides outstanding and unparalleled temperature uniformity resulting in process repeatability.
Perfect for wafer up to 300 mm or substrates up to 300 x 300 mm.
Through the chamber walls there can be led different feed throughs, like a window for optical measurement tools, thermocouple feed through, gas inlets, etc.
The process cycles are very short due to fast reaching of vacuum with 10E -3 hPa.
Here are the most feasable applications:
Processes using also other contaminating processes possible and all other applications of a RTP/RTA oven are oblitgatory,like:
- Annealing processes
- Rapid Thermal Processes
- SiAu, SiAl, SiMo alloying
- low k dielectrics
- post implanting annealing
- Chamber size: 350 x 350 x 50 mm
- Loading area: 300 x 300 mm
- chamber height: 50 mm (optional: chamber height 120 mm)
- Chamber walls: Aluminium polished, easy to clean (optional: stainless steel)
- Cover opens and closes vertically
- Direct or remote control for automatically application on request (SPS, robotics,etc).
- Bottom heating: Infrared lamps crossed 21 kW
- Upper heating: Infrared lamps crossed 21 kW (selectable)
- Chamber: Gas N2
- Control: SIMATIC SPS with 7" touch panel
- 50 programs with 50 steps each storable
- 1 Mass Flow controller for 5 nlm (=norm liter per minute) is standard
- Optional: up to add. 3 gas lines (Nitrogen, Argon, Helium, Oxygen, optionally
- MP (Membrane pump
- RVP (Rotary vane pump): 10E -3 hPa. Vacuum sensor up to 10E -3 hPa
- other pumps on request
- Power 2 x (400/230V, 21 kW)
- Vacuum connector: KF 16/25
- Exhaust: KF16 rear site
- Gas lines: Swagelok 6 mm compression fitting
- Cooling water supply: 10 mm/12mm
- Compressed dry air (CDA), 6 mm OD, 5 - 6 bar
- Dimension: 504 x 504 (700) x 680 mm (w x d x h)
- Weight: approx.100 kg
Options and accessories:
|VPO-MFC||Mass Flow Controller (max. 3 pcs)|
|VPO-RVP||Rotary vane pump for vacuum up to 10E-3 with oil filter|
|VPO-SS||Chamber made of stainless steel instead of Alu (polished) 50 mm|
|VPO-GP||Graphite Plate 3 mm thick|
|VPO-QP||Quartz plate for separation of the top lamp area|
|VPO-QH||Quartz universal holder for 100 mm up to 300 mm wafer size (star)|
|VPO-TC||additional thermocouple to measure on device (plugged in chamber); for external measurement tool max. 4 pcs|
|WC-III||Closed loop water cooling system|
|Vacuum||We offer different vacuum pumps and vacuum equipment|
|VPO-SI||Serial interface between VPO sytem and external PC using USB 2.0 port and through USB 2.0 cable|
|VPO-RC||Remote control of top cover and closing, including connection to safety of external cabinet|