Edwards ELD500 Helium Leak Detector
Edwards new ELD500 fully automated leak detector has arrived. It’s designed for fast and accurate leak detection in a wide range of applications and is fully mobile with an easy to use control interface. Edwards ELD500 is your perfect partner in leak detection.
Low Cost Of Ownership
The proven design of Edwards ELD500 leak detector, combined with low energy consumption, extended warranty and even longer life ion source, ensures exceptional low cost of ownership with no compromise on performance.
- High efficiency and low operating power consumption
- Highly reliable product with long maintenance intervals and low part replacement requirements
- Long life Ion source with a 30 month warranty
Edwards ELD500 is truly ready to go in under two minutes from power on. Users can benefit from simple pass/fail readings through to detailed analysis via the easy to read control interface, and due to the low weight and integrated carry handles is mobile enough to be bench top or trolley mounted.
- Large clear graphical display with direct access to key functions for incredible ease of use
- Truly portable with weight from only 30 kg and accessories including a trolley with space for an additional pump and helium gas bottle
- The leak detector can be transported in any orientation and can be ordered with an optional transport case on wheels for true portability
- Rapid start up switch on to first measurement in 107 seconds
Customise for any Application
With three variants in the range, FLEX, WET and DRY, plus an extensive catalogue of accessories, the versatile Edwards ELD500 leak detector is ideal across all applications. At the push of a button the ELD500 can easily be set to work in either vacuum mode for precise measurement of leak rate or sniffer mode for identifying leak location.
- All models feature a rugged turbomolecular pump optimised for the rigours of portable leak detection. Variants include:
- WET version with an integrated oil sealed rotary vane pump
- DRY version with an integrated helium optimised diaphragm pump
- FLEX version without a primary pump, ideal for trolley mounting along with a larger primary pump such as an Edwards nXDS scroll pump
- Flexible remote control options features include:
- Colour touch screen control with local graphical display
- Audible leak indication via loudspeaker or headphones
- Data logging to local memory or USB stick
- Wired or wireless models available
- Wireless model allows simultaneous control of up to 10 leak detectors
- The partial flow kit allows effective pump down of large or contaminated volumes
- Compatible with WET and FLEX variants
- Allows automatic calculation and display of actual leak rate
- Enables leak detection from atmospheric pressure
- Extensive range of sniffer lines available for accurate pin-pointing of leaks on pressurised systems
- Standard sniffer line enables operation up to 4m from the ELD500
- Longer sniffer lines of up to 50m can be used with the sniffer extender interface
High Stability & Accuracy
Excellent repeatable accuracy is achieved by the Edwards ELD500 through calibration with the integrated test leak source and high quality mass spectrometer. Whether being used on a production line, where consistent repeatable measurement is critical, or in a laboratory environment, typically requiring the measurement of extremely low leak rates, the ELD500 is your perfect partner.
- Automated, simple, high accuracy calibration possible via the integrated long life calibrated test leak
- Optional external calibrated test leaks available for applications requiring precision accuracy traceable to international and customer/company standards
- Excellent long term stability ensured by class leading 180 degree mass spectrometer
- Fastest recovery following helium contamination thanks to highest helium pumping speed in fine mode
- High sensitivity leak detection with measurement of leak rates for helium of <5x10-12 mbar ls-1 in vacuum mode and <7x10-9 mbar ls-1 in sniffer mode