Apiezon AP100 Hydrocarbon Ultra High Vacuum
Apiezon AP100 Grease
Apiezon AP100 Grease is a silicone-free vacuum grease and lubricant. Containing PTFE, AP100 exhibits extremely high levels of lubricity and has been shown to provide eight times the level of lubrication offered by standard, petroleum-based lubricating greases.
Apiezon AP100 is designed for use at ambient temperatures (generally between 10 to 30°C / 50 to 86°F). If you are looking for a grease capable of performing at higher temperatures, Apiezon AP101 or Apiezon H Grease may be more appropriate.
Apiezon AP100 Grease: Ultra High Vacuum Lubricating Grease Properties
Apiezon AP100 Grease is a silicone-free ultra high vacuum lubricating grease which:
- has anti-seize properties, making it an effective protector and lubricant in ultra-high vacuums
- exhibits extremely high levels of lubricit
- demonstrates an extremely low vapour pressure of 7 x 10-11 Torr at 20°C
- is recommended for use at ambient temperatures
- does not suffer from contamination problems associated with silicone based greases such as 'creep' or 'carry over'
- is easy to clean and remove using hot water and an aqueous glassware detergent or hydrocarbon solvent
Applications of Apiezon AP100
The unique properties of Apiezon AP100 lubricating vacuum grease mean it is frequently used to protect stepping motors and gearboxes from corrosion and abrasion, particularly when they are subjected to high load conditions. AP100 is also used to prevent seizure in stopcocks, taps and small metal fastenings.
The creep resistance of Apiezon AP100 benefits scientific and semiconductor users alike. AP100 helps to increase the accuracy of analytical techniques and improve yields in semiconductor manufacture by contamination avoidance. In addition, AP100 is used for surface coating applications where silicone contamination can lead to poor surface adhesion and incomplete coating defects.