Apiezon AP101 Hydrocarbon Anti-Seize Vacuum
Apiezon AP101 Grease
Apiezon AP101 is a silicone-free, excellent general purpose, hydrocarbon grease, which is intended for a variety of industrial and scientific applications.
Apiezon AP101 is a specialist, anti-seize vacuum grease, containing PTFE, which confers superior anti-seize properties providing glass and metal surfaces with long-lasting lubrication and protection from fusing and corrosion.
Apiezon AP101: Anti-Seize Vacuum Grease Properties
Apiezon AP101 is a silicone-free anti-seize vacuum grease which:
- is ideally suited for use in low to medium vacuum ranges having a vapour pressure of <10-5 Torr at 20°C
- has anti-seize properties, making it an effective protector and lubricant for metal surfaces which may be subject to seizure or corrosion
- is a critical lubricant
- is insoluble in most solvents, is resistant to water, alcohols, ketones and esters
- resists attack from aqueous acid and alkali solutions, alcoholic alkali solutions and corrosive gases.
- is suitable for use over a wide temperature range
- does not suffer from contamination problems associated with silicone based greases such as 'creep' or 'carry over'
- is easy to clean and remove using hot water and an aqueous glassware detergent or hydrocarbon solvents
Applications of Apiezon AP101
Apiezon AP101 with its superior anti-seize properties is typically used to maintain the smooth operation of stopcocks and taps in scientific and industrial settings. Coupled with easy separation of ground or polished glass joints AP101 is an excellent general purpose grease for laboratory use.
The value of Apiezon AP101 anti-seize properties is not limited to laboratory or glassware use, but is equally effective when used on metal equipment which may be subject to seizure or corrosion. Just a small amount of AP101 on fastenings which, when exposed to corrosive environments would normally jam solid, will ensure they are protected.
Apiezon AP101 is an excellent general purpose grease for sealing joints and is ideal for use in critical lubrication conditions such as highly stressed bearings.
Being hydrocarbon based, Apiezon AP101 does not suffer from the problems of "creep" or "carry over" which is traditionally associated with silicone greases. It reduces sample contamination and consequently the risk of interference in analytical techniques such as infra-red and mass spectrometry. Additionally AP101 can be used with confidence in paint spraying and metal deposition processes.