S4-CONNECT™ PROGRAMMING AND CONFIGURATION (USB)
ADVANTAGES AND FEATURES
- Configuration of pressure, vacuum and temperature transmitters
- Configure analog output
- Set measurement unit
- Program setpoint values
- Perform adjustments and calibration
- Compatible with 4-20 mA and 0-10 VDC transmitters
- Reduce inventory by flexible and individual configuration of product parameters
- Diagnostic tool for predictive maintenance
- Read real-time measurement data for visualization
- Free software for easy intuitive use
- USB compatible plug-and-play
Many industrial analog process transmitters with industry standard 4 pin M12 and 4 pin DIN 175301-803A connectors offer little or no individual configuration options. They also typically require time-consuming disassembly of the product to get access to user-configurable parameters or calibration adjustments.
S4-Connect™ is a flexible and cost-effective communication protocol invented by Sens4 for programming and configuring digital transmitters and transducers for temperature, pressure and vacuum measurement. The communication interface allows digital communication with analog transmitters that do not have available pin-out configuration for standardized digital communication like RS-232, RS-485 or IO-Link.
Digital communication over 4-20 mA current loops is also possible using HART interfaces; however, the overall cost for HART transmitters and HART modems is relatively high.
Configuration of analog voltage or current output
The S4-Connect™ programming and communication unit provides access from PC software via a USB interface to the digital core of the transmitter. It is compatible with both 4-20 mA current output and 0-10 VDC voltage output transmitters from Sens4.
Download brochure here