Benchtop CVD systems for high-quality graphene and carbon nanotube synthesis, with rapid operation for on-demand sample production.
Graphene and carbon nanotubes (CNTs) have been the focus of huge research efforts, given their unique electrical, mechanical and structural properties. Thanks to these properties, their introduction is expected to prove disruptive for a huge range of applications. In addition, exotic characteristics of these materials mean they will enable new types of devices and products.
The nanoCVD range from Moorfield are compact, benchtop tools providing rapid, high-quality production of graphene or CNTs, ideal for research groups focussed on carbon nanomaterial applications who need a reliable source of on-demand samples. The systems are based on cold-wall designs associated with key benefits in comparison to hot-wall (tube furnace) counterparts:
- Rapid heating to synthesis temperatures, and cooling
- Enhanced conditions control and process reproducibility
- Low-contamination operation
- Reduced resource usage and low running costs
- Compact tools for straightforward location
All nanoCVD systems are easy to connect, quick to install and are backed-up by expert support. Touchscreen HMIs provide for recipe-based, multi-stage process control covering all crucial conditions.
Features common to all nanoCVD systems include:
- Ultra-compact, benchtop, CVD systems
- Reproducible, high-quality synthesis
- Precise control of conditions
- 1100 °C maximum temperature
- Process times <30 minutes
- 20 × 40 mm2 maximum substrate size
- User-friendly, touchscreen HMI operation
- Define/save multiple growth recipes
- PC connection for data-logging
- Equipped for easy servicing
- Comprehensive safety features
- Cleanroom compatible
- Proven performance
Standard nanoCVD units are compact for benchtop location and cover substrate sizes of 20 × 40 mm2. Moorfield are also able to supply larger, wafer-scale units for both graphene and CNT synthesis based on the same technology.
Call us today to discuss your project!