The world’s coldest commercially available continuous operation Cryofree® dilution unit provides ultra-low base temperature of < 5 mK and high cooling power of > 25 µW at 20 mK.Characterise exotic quantum states
Investigate exotic quantum states such as Majorana Fermions and Fibonacci Particles for next generation qubit development using the fractional
quantum Hall effect
Reduce measurement error
Lower temperatures reduce measurement errors to enable further improvements in metrological standards
Explore quantum thermodynamics
Uncover the quantum nature of heat, with applications towards quantum refrigerators and improved ultra low temperature thermometry
Increase qubit coherence
Lower temperatures have the potential for increased qubit coherence times for quantum computing and quantum annealing
Low vibration for reduced eddy current heating
High stiffness, flexible bellows and optimised resonance to reduce pulse tube oscillations and harmonics eliminate the need for active vibration damping
Easily install experiment services
Clear system plate layout maximises space and ease of access for experiment assembly
High capacity for flexible wiring and line-of-sight access
Six line-of-sight ports and nine non-line of sight ports for DC and coaxial wiring
Expanded temperature range for high field experiments
Active gas gap heat switches enable control to above
30 K at full field and rapid return to base temperature In less than 4 hours
Lower electron temperatures with the world’s coldest dilution unit
The world’s coldest commercially available continuous operation Cryofree® dilution unit provides ultra-low base temperature of < 5 mK and high cooling power of > 25 μW at 20 mK for optical access and Piezo positioners
Active Magnetic Field Cancellation
Our actively cancelled magnets ensure the lowest possible experimental base temperature through reduced Eddy current heating, with cancellation to
< 100 Gauss at the mixing chamber plate
- High stiffness, flexible bellows and optimised resonance to reduce pulse tube oscillations and harmonics, eliminate the need for active vibration damping.
- Clear system plate layout maximises space and ease of access for experiment assembly.
- Six line-of-sight ports and nine non line-ofsight ports for coaxial and DC wiring.
- Active gas gap heat switches enable control to above 30 K at full field and rapid return to base temperature In less than 4 hours.
- Fully redeveloped gas handling system to ensure the minimum number of connections for long term mixture retention
- Cross-braced, stiffened frame for maximum vibration reduction eliminates the need for active damping
- Modular, upgradable platform with cross-compatible magnet systems
- Remote access through a web based, platform independent control software in addition to local system control
- Improved automation routines for one button operation
- Full manual control and programmable API interface for custom routines
- Powerful data interrogation and visualisation package with live plotting
|Base temperature||5 mK|
|Cooling power||at 20 mK - 25 μW|
|Cooling power||at 100 mK - 850 μW|
|Sample space diameter||360 mm plate|
|Line-of-sight access||1 × ISO100, 1 × KF63, 2 × KF40, 2 × KF25|
|PTR options||1.5 W or 2 W|
|Temperature control range||5 mK to 30 K with magnet at full field|
Up to 14T, Vector rotate:
Cold Low Pass Filter
Reduce noise for lower electron temperatures with cold, low pass filtering
In addition to the screened measurement cable there is a low-pass multi-stage filter can be mounted at cryogenic temperatures down to below 100 mK. This has the ability to filter 24 signal lines with filter options of 4 different cut-off frequencies. The filter is constructed in an Au plated Cu chassis with RF gaskets to provide screening and thermal dumping for the filter PCB. The filter components are carefully selected surface mount components which provide very good value stability over the temperature range from ambient to sub 100 mK.
Active Field Cancellation
Active magnetic field cancellation for reduced Eddy current heating
In combination with our ultra-low vibration platform, our actively cancelled magnets enable reduced eddy current heating due to vibration at static field for the lowest possible base temperatures. Eddy current heating during sweeping field is also significantly reduced.
Our actively cancelled magnets reduce magnetic field strength at the mixing chamber to less than 10 mT, whilst also reducing the stray field in the external environment and are recommended for all of our 5 mK magnet systems.
- Active magnetic field cancellation available for magnets up to 14 T
- Magnetic field cancellation at the mixing chamber plate: < 10 mT