- 3D Metrology
- Lithography - Direct Write
- Leak Detectors
- MEMS High Vacuum Sealers
- Portable Cleanrooms
- Rapid Thermal Annealing Ovens
- Reflow Solder Systems
- Residual Gas Analyzer
- Solvent Purification
- Surface Science
- Thin Film Materials
- Wire & Die Bonders
MiniLab 090 Modular PVD System
MiniLab 090 systems are glovebox-compatible for atmosphere-sensitive applications. Tall chambers are ideal for high-performance evaporation, but magnetron sputtering is also available.
MiniLab 090 systems are floor-standing PVD tools for metals, dielectrics and/or organics deposition. All systems contain a box-type stainless-steel chamber with front and rear doors for glovebox integration (allows for both through-glovebox and external service access). The chamber has a high aspect-ratio, ideal for long working distances for high uniformity coating via evaporative techniques, but systems can also be equipped with magnetron sputtering. A turbomolecular pumping system is standard, for high-vacuum base pressures of better than 5 × 10-7 mbar. Exact configuration is extremely flexible and dependent on customer budgets and applications. Configurations range from a manually operated thermal evaporation system up to a multi-technique tool with fully-automated process control.
- Modular design
- Front sliding door for in-glovebox loading
- Rear door for service access
- Turbomolecular or cryo pumping systems
- Base pressures <5 × 10-7 mbar
- Metals, dielectrics and organics deposition
- Up to 11” diameter substrates
- Touchscreen HMI/PC for system control
- Equipped for easy servicing
- Comprehensive safety features and interlocks
- Cleanroom compatible
MiniLab 090 systems can be fitted with the following techniques:
- Thermal evaporation
- Low-temperature thermal evaporation (LTE)
- E-beam evaporation
- Magnetron sputtering
Available options include:
- Pumping: Turbomolecular or cryogenic high-vacuum pumps, rotary or scroll backing pumps.
- Gas/pressure: Manual or automatic control via MFCs and throttle valves.
- Load-locks: Single- and multiple-sample.
- Stages: Rotation, heating, cooling, Z-shift, bias and planetary.
- Shutters: Source and substrate, pneumatic or motorised.
- Operation: Manual or automatic via front panels, touchscreen HMI or PC.
- Process: Quartz crystal sensor heads for rate/thickness monitoring or feedback-loop control.
MiniLab 090 instruments are available in a variety of configurations. Typical setups include:
- Thermal evaporation (metals): Four-source TE4 thermal evaporation component with source shutters and rotation stage. High power TEC-4A power supply and controller with recipe-based automated control. Quartz crystal sensor head with PC software for rate/thickness monitoring.
- Thermal evaporation (metals and organics): Two TE1 thermal evaporation sources for metals and four LTE-1CC components for organics. Source shutters and rotation stage. Evaporation power supplies linked to quartz crystal sensor head and Inficon SQC-310 process controller for automated process control per user-defined rates/thicknesses.
- E-beam evaporation: Multi-pocket (e.g., 6 × 7 cc or 8 × 4 cc) water-cooled e-beam source with 5 kW power supply/controller and automated pocket selection. Source and substrate shutters, and rotation. Quartz crystal sensor heads with Inficon SQC-310 process controller for automated process control per user-defined rates/thicknesses.
- Magnetron sputtering: Up to four water-cooled magnetron sources for 3" circular targets. RF and DC power supplies with SputterSwitch technology for shared outputs. Source shutters and substrate rotation. Recipe-based power vs. time process control.
Magnetron sputtering sources can be added alongside the above techniques.
Call us today to discuss your requirements!
All MiniLab 090 tools require chilled water, dry compressed air, nitrogen for venting (optional) and electrical power (three-phase for e-beam evaporation).
Sputtering systems also require process gases (argon, oxygen and nitrogen).
Exact requirements will be provided with quotations or on request.