MiniLab 026 Modular PVD System
MiniLab 026 systems are compact floor standing vacuum evaporators with easy-access 'clam-shell' chambers. Suitable for metal, dielectric and organics deposition via evaporation and sputtering techniques. Ideal for perovskite solar cell, OPVs, OLEDs, OFETs...etc.
MiniLab 026 tools include a turbomolecular pump positioned on an ISO100 port at the rear of the vacuum chamber. The base of the vacuum chamber sits, as a well, into the supporting frame. The chamber lid can be either a stainless-steel top-hat style lid (i.e., for a ‘clam-shell’ type chamber arrangement), or a bell-jar — similar to the Edwards E306. Systems can be equipped with a wide variety of deposition techniques. These include thermal and low-temperature evaporation sources (for metals and organics), and magnetron sputtering sources (for metals and inorganics). Deposition sources are typically mounted on the chamber baseplate. Substrate stages are supported from the roof and can accommodate a range of substrate sizes up to 6” diameter. Substrate heating, rotation and Z-shift are available. The MiniLab 026 is also glovebox compatible and is the only system in the MiniLab range that can be easily retrofitted to an existing glovebox.
- Modular design
- ‘Clam-shell’ or bell-jar chambers
- Turbomolecular pumping systems
- Base pressures <5 × 10-7 mbar
- Metals, dielectrics and organics deposition
- Up to 6” diameter substrates
- Touchscreen HMI/PC for system control
- Equipped for easy servicing
- Comprehensive safety features and interlocks
- Cleanroom compatible
- Proven performance
MiniLab 026 systems can be fitted with the following techniques:
- Thermal evaporation
- Low-temperature thermal evaporation (LTE)
- Magnetron sputtering
Available options include:
- Pumping: Rotary or scroll backing pumps.
- Gas/pressure: Manual or automatic control via MFCs and throttle valves.
- Stages: Rotation, heating, cooling, Z-shift and bias.
- Shutters: Source and substrate, pneumatic or motorised.
- Operation: Manual or automatic via front panels, touchscreen HMI or PC.
- Process: Quartz crystal sensor heads for rate/thickness monitoring or feedback-loop control.
Common MiniLab 026 setups include:
- Thermal evaporation (metals): Three-source TE3 thermal evaporation component with source shutter and rotation stage. High power TEC-4A power supply and controller with recipe-based automated control. Quartz crystal sensor head with PC software for rate/thickness monitoring.
- Thermal evaporation (metals and organics): Two-source TE2 thermal evaporation component for metals and LTE-1CC component for organics. Source shutters and rotation stage. Evaporation power supplies linked to quartz crystal sensor head and Inficon SQC-310 process controller for automated process control per user-defined rates/thicknesses.
- Magnetron sputtering: Water-cooled magnetron source for 2" diameter targets. RF power supply for metals and dielectrics. Source shutter and rotation stage. Recipe-based power vs. time process control.
Call us today to discuss your requirements!
All MiniLab 026 tools require chilled water, dry compressed air, nitrogen for venting (optional) and electrical power.
Sputtering systems also require process gases (argon, oxygen and nitrogen).
Exact requirements will be provided with quotations or on request.