- 3D Metrology
- Lithography - Direct Write
- Leak Detectors
- MEMS High Vacuum Sealers
- Portable Cleanrooms
- Rapid Thermal Annealing Ovens
- Reflow Solder Systems
- Residual Gas Analyzer
- Solvent Purification
- Surface Science
- Thin Film Materials
- Wire & Die Bonders
Annealing Systems - Benchtop
High-temperature substrate annealing for planar substrates, up to 1000 °C, with precision gas and pressure control—all in a benchtop package.
ANNEAL systems are optimised for the thermal treatment of 2D materials and wafers under controlled atmospheres. Substrates are supported face-up on stage-top platens that are situated centrally inside a stainless-steel high-vacuum chamber fitted with appropriate heat shielding and a shuttered viewport. Heating is via a heat source located beneath the platen. Maximum temperatures up to 1000 °C are possible—depending on the heating technology used:
- Quartz lamp: This technology uses quartz lamps to generate IR radiation. A cost-effective means of heating for substrate temperatures up to 500 °C, and compatible with most atmospheres.
- Carbon-carbon composite (CCC): Where substrate temperatures above 500 °C are required, CCC elements are used. Suitable for heating up to 1000 °C.
- SiC-coated CCC: When high temperatures and oxygen resistance are required, CCC elements are coated with a resistant layer of SiC.
Heating control resolution is to ±1 °C.
For annealing under controlled atmospheres, ANNEAL systems can be fitted with up to 3 mass flow controllers (MFCs). Typical gases are Ar, O2 and N2, and full scale flow rates are flexible. All systems have wide-range gauges, but for improved accuracy, capacitance manometers are also available. In case chamber pressure is critical, automatic pressure control is available with control resolutions to 0.1 mbar.
ANNEAL systems are highly modular and can be configured for a wide range of applications.
- Benchtop configuration
- Up to 6” substrate diameters
- Choice of heating technologies up to 1000 °C
- Gas and pressure control
- Base pressures <5 × 10-7 mbar (with TMP)
- Easy sample access
- Fully automatic operation via touchscreen HMI
- Define/save multiple process recipes
- Equipped for easy servicing
- Comprehensive safety features
- Cleanroom compatible
- Proven performance
Available options include:
- 4"/6" diameter substrate stages
- Quartz lamp heating up to 500 °C
- Resistive element heating up to 1000 °C
- MFCs for process gas introduction
- Turbomolecular/mechanical pumping systems
- Automatic pressure control
All ANNEAL systems require chilled water, dry compressed air, nitrogen for venting (optional) and electrical power. Some configurations may require process gases.
Exact requirements will be provided with quotations or on request.